St. Anne Home Extends Invitation to Holy Week Activities
POSTED Mar 29, 2017
St. Anne Home, a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) that is a ministry of the Felician Sisters of North America, recently announced its schedule for Holy Week 2017.
- Palm Sunday Mass on April 9 will be held at 9:30 a.m. and will include Blessing of Palms, commemoration of the Lord’s entrance into Jerusalem. The Liturgy of the Word will include the reading of the Lord’s Passion. The Blessing of the Palms will take place near the entrance to the Chapel.
- Mass on Monday, April 10, Tuesday, April 11, and Wednesday, April 12 will be held, as usual, at 9:30 a.m. Also on Wednesday, April 12, a Tenebrae Service will be held at 11 a.m.
- On Thursday, April 13, St. Anne Home will welcome Rev. Mark Ruppert for Hymn Sing at 10:15 a.m. This nondenominational service will include all liturgical music and a sing along. Mass of the Lord’s Supper will follow at 4 p.m.
- On Good Friday, April 14, Stations of the Cross will be held at 11:10 a.m. Celebration of the Lord’s Passion will take place at 3 p.m. and will include Liturgy of the Word, Veneration of the Cross, and Holy Communion. It should be noted that this is not a Mass.
- No services will be held on Holy Saturday, April 16, as it is a quiet day of waiting.
- Easter Sunday Mass, a Celebration of the Lord’s Resurrection, will take place at 9:30 a.m. on April 16.
All are invited to attend.